Posted: June 1, 2022
Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Type: Full Time
Required Education: 4-year degree or equivalent experience
WHO IS NEW MEXICO FARM & LIVESTOCK BUREAU?
New Mexico Farm & Livestock Bureau (NMF&LB) is the state’s largest agriculture advocacy association and is recognized as the trusted voice for New Mexico agriculture. NMF&LB represents approximately 21,000 family members across the state. Founded in 1917, NMF&LB has a long history of working with many stakeholders, government agencies, and elected officials at the state and federal levels. Through advocacy and education, NMF&LB works to strengthen and serve agriculture to enrich the lives of all New Mexicans.
NMF&LB is a 501(c)(5) organization with 11 professional staff members. NMF&LB also has a 501(c)(3) foundation that focuses on K-12 agriculture education. Each respective 501(c) has its individual board which works with volunteers to advocate for New Mexico agriculture.
Executive Director Profile
An ideal candidate for this position will be a dedicated leader who embraces change and is highly motivated to create a social, political, economic, and cultural landscape that's conducive to staff and member success. She/he will bring a variety of experiences and attributes to the association including:
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to articulate our mission and goals to members, stakeholders, and the community; communicate directly and clearly with staff and volunteers, and active listening skills
- Ability to build and cultivate relationships and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to build (recruit and retain), lead, and motivate an effective team of staff, volunteers, and leadership
- Understanding the importance of strategic planning and the ability to execute and implement an annual work plan to achieve the association’s goals and objectives
- Financial leadership and understanding of sound financial management practices
- Respectful, honest, transparent, and ethical leadership style
- Respect for and ability to promote diversity with the Board, staff, and members
- Progressive, innovative, thoughtful leadership
The Executive Director is committed to the organization’s mission and vision and should have proven leadership experience. Concrete, demonstrable experience, and other qualifications including:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and be persuasive and passionate as a communicator
- Reside in Las Cruces, NM, or be willing to relocate
- Minimum five years of leading and managing a team to achieve strategic goals and objectivates
- Proven expertise in financial management in a non-profit organization, including budget preparation and implementation
- Ability to travel to state and national meetings
- Understanding of legal and ethical concerns
- Agricultural background and strong interest in the NMF&LB mission
- Experience maintaining a presence with public and elected officials
- Proven track record of working successfully with a board of directors
- A record in growing organizations from a revenue and value perspective
For consideration, please mail your resume and cover letter to:
New Mexico Farm & Livestock Bureau
Attn: Executive Committee
2220 N. Telshor Blvd.
Las Cruces, New Mexico 88011
All applications must be received by July 1, 2022.
NO ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.