How would you answer these questions?
2021 Young Farmers & Ranchers
Discussion Meet and Collegiate Discussion Meet Questions
1. International trade is important to agriculture. We must continue working to build strong
relations with existing customers while seeking out new trade partners to strengthen
market stability. How can we enhance existing, and establish new and diverse foreign
2. Connectivity underpins the modern economy. What mix of investment and policy
initiatives can provide reliable broadband access to farmers, ranchers and rural America?
3. The increasing frequency and intensity of natural disasters creates additional risk for
farmers and ranchers. What tools and production practices can be engaged to reduce
climate and weather risks?
4. The decline in rural populations is accelerated by a poor farm economy. What solutions
would enhance the vibrancy and economic sustainability of agriculture and rural
5. Is big data a big solution or big exposure? Technology tools are often cited as a method
of increasing productivity and profitability, but there are liabilities that go along with
technology. As young farmers and ranchers we are often first adopters. How do we
ensure clear understanding of the risks and rewards of big data and smart farming?
Tune in here on November 17th at 11:00am to watch our Collegiate Farm Bureau Discussion Meet.